Monday, December 17, 2012

Let's Get Started

I'll start this out by clarifying that I am in absolutely no way an expert.  I have absolutely no inside information.  This is simply me talking basketball (specifically IU basketball) based on what I see during games.  I may be way off the mark at times, but even the people who get paid to do this kind of thing get it wrong sometimes.

Now that that's out of the way...

I am a diehard Hoosier.  That does not mean, however, that I will never offer criticisms.  Part of being a fan means knowing both your teams strengths and weaknesses.  On the other hand, I will also find plenty of opportunities to give praise, which will be the part which is a lot of fun.

I am hoping to post after each game, but I also know that this will not exactly be realistic; I am a student and time is one of those things that is not always at my disposal.  I may or may not do an intense player-by-player, play-by-play type of breakdown, but at the very least I'll try to do some highlights and general thoughts.  Every once in a while I may also write a pre-game post.

Comments are very welcome on anything, with a few guidelines:

1. You may be critical of any comments made by myself or others.  That does not mean that you can be mean or rude toward any individuals. No name-calling and don't make things personal.  Also try to stay relatively on-topic.

2. Never, ever, ever bash a player from any team.  These are 18-23 year old kids who are working their tail ends off to play ball and succeed in the classroom.  You may be critical of their performance but, once again, do not make this personal.  All of these kids deserve the utmost respect, and I will make sure they get it.

3. Try to limit profanity.  Anyone who actually knows me will probably laugh at the irony of me putting this in here.  At the same time, I will be limiting my use of profanity so I ask that you do the same.  I do understand that things get heated, and I will let some minor swears through (as I will probably offer a few of my own from time to time), but do make an effort to not go overboard.

I do reserve the right to remove any comments which I feel do not meet these guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment